The Playing for Paula ladies’ tennis team (known as ‘Team One’ at Carmel Country Club) came out in full force on Wednesday, November 13 to support this year’s annual Playing for Paula tennis tournament. This year, the team raised over $10,000 to support the Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund at Levine Cancer Institute. Team members hosted a small reception in the Carmel Country Club’s Pro Shop and ended the event with a balloon release to celebrate the occasion. The Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund is named in honor of Paula Takacs, who is currently fighting a battle with liposarcoma. Donations made to the Fund through Playing for Paula remain local supporting sarcoma research at Levine Cancer Institute. Paula’s hope is that patients fighting this disease will be able to receive access to the latest drug therapies without having to travel far from their families and support systems.
- $100,000 Gift to the Betty Anderson Medical Laboratory Science Labs
- Spirit Halloween Gift to Support Levine Children’s Child Life Program
- 24 Foundation’s Inaugural 24,000 Mile Challenge Takes Big Steps for Small Heroes
- Fifth Third Bank Supports Atrium Health Foundation with Funds for Coronavirus Mobile Testing Center
- Scope Anesthesia of North Carolina’s Gift to Support Atrium Health Women’s Care