The Playing for Paula ladies’ tennis team (known as ‘Team One’ at Carmel Country Club) came out in full force on Wednesday, November 13 to support this year’s annual Playing for Paula tennis tournament. This year, the team raised over $10,000 to support the Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund at Levine Cancer Institute. Team members hosted a small reception in the Carmel Country Club’s Pro Shop and ended the event with a balloon release to celebrate the occasion. The Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund is named in honor of Paula Takacs, who is currently fighting a battle with liposarcoma. Donations made to the Fund through Playing for Paula remain local supporting sarcoma research at Levine Cancer Institute. Paula’s hope is that patients fighting this disease will be able to receive access to the latest drug therapies without having to travel far from their families and support systems.
- Corporate Philanthropy at work for Atrium Health
- Professional Advisory Council Spotlight: Eric Ridenour
- Costco Celebrates Two Decades of Making Miracles for Patients at Levine Children’s with New Record
- Professional Advisory Council Spotlight: Michael Crisp
- 2021 Keep Pounding 5K Raises Funds and Hope for a Cure