The Playing for Paula ladies’ tennis team (known as ‘Team One’ at Carmel Country Club) came out in full force on Wednesday, November 13 to support this year’s annual Playing for Paula tennis tournament. This year, the team raised over $10,000 to support the Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund at Levine Cancer Institute. Team members hosted a small reception in the Carmel Country Club’s Pro Shop and ended the event with a balloon release to celebrate the occasion. The Paula Takacs Sarcoma Research Fund is named in honor of Paula Takacs, who is currently fighting a battle with liposarcoma. Donations made to the Fund through Playing for Paula remain local supporting sarcoma research at Levine Cancer Institute. Paula’s hope is that patients fighting this disease will be able to receive access to the latest drug therapies without having to travel far from their families and support systems.
- Miracle Network Dance Marathons Raise a Combined $45,000 for Levine Children’s Hospital
- Professional Advisory Council Spotlight: Steve Sims, CFA
- “A Night at the Drive-In” Benefits Levine Children’s Hospital
- Brasfield & Gorrie Funds Project PINK Breast Screening Events
- Wake Forest School of Medicine to Be Built in Midtown Charlotte