Established in November 2004, the Dreamcatcher Society is an energetic group interested in the health and well-being of children in Charlotte and the surrounding region. Since the Dreamcatcher Society’s inception, the group has witnessed overwhelming support and interest. Members joining the group pledge $1,000 annually to underwrite programs and resources at Levine Children’s Hospital. Now over 240 members strong, the Dreamcatcher Society is actively involved in creating new opportunities for Levine Children’s Hospital. In addition to hosting social events and recruitment activities during the year, the Dreamcatchers make time to visit the hospital and see, first-hand, how their contributions are making a difference.
Already a member? Pay your pledge online. You will be given the option to make your annual pledge payment ($1,000).
The Dreamcatcher Society initially provided funding for the construction of Levine Children’s Hospital. Since that time, the group has provided support for other innovative resources and crucial initiatives that help set our hospital apart, such as:
- The Partnership for Pediatric Hearts, which supports our world-class pediatric heart program at Levine Children’s Hospital
- The Child Life program, one of the largest programs of its kind in the United States.
- The Pediatric Nephrology Center of Excellence, providing world-class care to kidney patients.
- The Children’s Hospital Area Transport System (CHATS), featuring bright, unique wagons, and wheelchairs that are specifically designed for “child-friendly” clinical environments; and
- The Robotic Indoor Transport System, an automated device that delivers medication to children being treated in Levine Children’s Hospital.
Our current project:
In 2012, the Dreamcatcher Society pledged to raise $500,000 over five years to support the Partnership for Pediatric Hearts, a collaborative effort to support pediatric cardiovascular services and the pediatric congenital heart program at Levine Children’s Hospital. Through their commitment to the Partnership for pediatric Hearts, the Dreamcatcher Society is helping to provide equipment and resources to advance what is already one of the fastest growing programs at Levine Children’s Hospital. Funding has supported an in-hospital echo cardiology lab with an additional 3D echocardiography machine. Levine Children’s Hospital has set a goal of becoming the preeminent pediatric cardiovascular program in the Southeast. Patients can receive the care they need close to home because Levine Children’s Hospital is the only facility in the region providing the scope of cardiovascular services children need. We are blessed to have this program, and to have such a world class hospital – right here in our community.