Support Radiation Oncology by donating
to the Levine Cancer Institute Advancement Fund today.
Levine Cancer Institute Radiation Oncology
Radiation therapy is a treatment for cancer and other conditions that uses radiation (strong beams of energy) to target and destroy unhealthy cells. When you choose Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute (LCI) for radiation therapy, you’re surrounded by a team with the experience needed to provide the most effective treatment for you. LCI’s radiation oncology experts specialize in using highly targeted radiation therapy options that give you the best chance of a healthy recovery.
Benefits of the LCI Radiation Oncology program include:
- Access to cutting-edge treatments. LCI offers cutting-edge therapy including some radiation therapy treatments that aren’t available anywhere else in the region, including the most innovative options through clinical trials. With ongoing research and philanthropic investments in the latest therapies, LCI is always striving to bring the safest, most effective radiation treatments to patients.
- Better management of side effects. Using advanced technology, our experts customize each patient’s radiation treatment to target their cancer while minimizing the effects on healthy tissue. Throughout treatment, care teams help patients stay as healthy and comfortable as possible with supportive therapies that are clinically proven to improve outcomes.
- More convenient locations. In many cases, radiation therapy involves daily treatment over several weeks. With radiation therapy centers across the Carolinas, LCI makes it easier to fit the treatment you need into your busy life without compromising on clinical excellence.
- Specialists in many areas of cancer care. LCI takes a collaborative approach to ensure every patient receives the best possible care. Multidisciplinary care teams – which include radiation oncologists, radiation oncology nurses, physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists, among other experts – meet regularly to discuss patients’ cases and coordinate personalized treatment plans.
- Care that puts patients first. LCI is the world’s first cancer center to be Planetree-certified for compassionate, patient-centered care. From programs that prioritize patients’ mental and physical well-being to spaces designed with their comfort in mind, patients’ needs come first – always.
How you can make a difference:
Through the Levine Cancer Institute Advancement Fund, administered by Atrium Health Foundation on behalf of Levine Cancer Institute, you can help advance Levine Cancer Institute’s Radiation Oncology program for the benefit of patients in our care. Radiation Oncology, like so many other vital patient resources at Levine Cancer Institute, relies on philanthropy to have the greatest impact on patients served by Levine Cancer Institute. Donate now using this link or contact us to learn more about how you can support the Radiation Oncology section of Levine Cancer Institute.
Where to find Levine Cancer Institute’s Radiation Oncology Services:
In keeping with the LCI philosophy of world-class cancer care for every community, Levine Cancer Institute offers advanced radiation oncology services at a network of locations in North Carolina and South Carolina, including Charlotte, Concord, Lancaster, Monroe, Pineville, Rock Hill and Stanly.
Contact us to learn more about these essential services provided by Levine Cancer Institute and how you can show your support today!